March 13, 2012

samantha janay: photographer

top: Richard Avedon image
bottom: my copycat image
i love shooting photos of just about anything and everything. while i have slowed down on shooting since college, it is still one of the things i enjoy most.

i studied quite a bit of Richard Avedon's work in college and definitely look up to him as an artist and photographer. as a class assignment i 'recreated' then 'reinvented' his infamous Marilyn Monroe portrait. the photo to the left is my recreated version of Avedon.

my good friend (and fellow photographer) Amanda Jermstad AKA Hanson posed as Monroe for me. it's always a blast shooting with a friend!

you'll see more of my work later as the blog continues...

love love love,
samantha janay

ps...fun side note: Amanda is wearing my senior prom dress!

2 comments:

  1. nice work - yours has a different and yet more appealing sensitivity

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! :]
    Marylin was a full figured women and so is this beautiful girl :]

    Chelsea Webber.

    ReplyDelete