March 19, 2012

samantha janay: music lover

the magical night i saw Aretha in 2007
there are 3 (very different) artists that i absolutely couldn't live without: the Beatles, Garth Brooks, and Aretha Franklin.

everyone loves the Beatles, but more specifically, i love George Harrison. the songs he wrote are my favorite Beatles tunes (while my guitar gently weeps, free as a bird, something) and his solo work post-Beatles breakup is my favorite of the fab four. i would highly recommend the Concert for Bangladesh album.

Garth Brooks was my first concert (in Amarillo, Texas at the tender age of 9) and is why i love music the way i do. i was pretty sure that the "hello Samantha dear" line in "callin' baton rouge" was directed at me, and i loved him.

Aretha, Aretha, Aretha, need i say more?

love love love,
samantha janay

No comments:

Post a Comment